Corstrata experts to contribute to professional forums about how to reach thousands of wound care patients in home health care and hospice settings using telemedicine, technology and nursing care.
The Corstrata team is hitting the road to share their knowledge about delivering wound care efficiently and effectively in the face of the on-going deficit of wound care specialist nurses and doctors. The incidence of wounds is driven by the rise in diabetes, the growth of the elderly population, and the impact of cardiovascular disease, all of which contribute to the increasing number of wound care patients in the U.S., today numbering over 6.7 million.
Corstrata professionals are scheduled to participate at these upcoming events:
Friday, November 18: Decision Health - Achieving Excellence in Patient-Centered Care
- Joseph Ebberwein, CFO and Founder
- Topic: Managing Patient Care Seamlessly In the Acute/Ambulatory/Home Settings
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Website: http://decisionhealth.com/patientcenteredcare/index.html
Friday, December 5: South Carolina Home Care & Hospice Association Annual Conference
- Katherine Piette, CEO and Founder; Carolyn Cuttino, VP of Clinical Services
- Topic: “Palliative & Hospice Skin Management”
- Charleston, SC
- Website: http://www.schchaconferences.com/
Katherine Piette, CEO and Founder, remarked, “The opportunity to engage directly with providers and their organizations is the outreach we greatly welcome. This is a two-way communication where we listen to their concerns and share our knowledge.” Ms. Piette has held senior leadership positions in marketing, performance excellence, strategic positioning, and organizational redesign for care management of high risk, high cost populations.
Home health agencies, hospice organizations, third party administrators of self-funded employer insurance programs (TPAs), clinically integrated networks of doctors and related practitioners (CINs), and direct care physicians (DCPs) can choose from a wide variety of Corstrata services such as its Comprehensive Wound Management Programs or complement their existing wound management resources with specific services such as program policy and procedure assessment, product formulary design, treatment guidelines assessment, wound documentation review, and practitioner education. Skilled nursing facilities and hospices also can benefit from Corstrata wound care services, as can Veterans health care services.
Friday, October 7: 5th Annual Telehealth Summit of South Carolina
- Katherine Piette, CEO and Founder
- Topic: “Telewoundcare Management: A Model for Value Based Care”
- Location: Columbia, SC
- Website: http://palmettocareconnections.org/2016-annual-summit/
October 7-9: Symposium on Advancement of Wound Care Fall Conferen ce
- Carolyn Cuttino, VP of Clinical Services; Jan Cuzzell; VP of Quality; Myra Varnado, Director of Clinical Wound Services
- Poster Presentation: “Wound Bed Preparation: Using a Monofilament Debridement Device in a Biofilm Based Management Algorithm”
- Location: Las Vegas, NV
Monday, October 17: Connecticut Healthcare at Home Association Annual Conference & Exposition
- Katherine Piette, CEO and Founder and Donna Czapiga, Northeast Region Liaison
- Location: Hartford, CT